Influencer marketing is getting bigger in 2022.
A recent report shows 76% of brands are planning to increase their influencer marketing budgets this year. If your brand’s not working with influencers on marketing campaigns, you’re missing out big time.
Thankfully, finding and working with influencers is much easier than before. Today, there are now several influencer marketing tools out there to help speed up every step of the process.
In this article, we’ve compiled a list of the best influencer marketing tools to get you started.
- Influencer marketing tools for social listening
- Influencer marketing tools for identification
- Influencer marketing tools for outreach
- Influencer marketing tools for management
- Marketplace influencer marketing tools
- Influencer marketing agencies
What are influencer marketing tools?
An influencer marketing tool is software that helps marketers find, engage with and make deals with influencers in their niche.
Instead of going about it the “traditional” way, brands can use influencer marketing tools to reach their goals faster. This includes filtering influencers based on certain characteristics, sending pre-written email pitches and finding online conversations about your brand.
Some influencer marketing tools also offer valuable insights related to your campaigns, influencer interactions and the latest social media trends. This data can be helpful when making important decisions for future campaigns.
Why is it important to use influencer marketing tools?
Influencer marketing tools help you automate tasks, streamline processes and use business intelligence to run more successful influencer campaigns. Here are some benefits of influencer marketing tools:
- Connect with the right influencers. Use AI search, filters and engagement analytics to find the best influencers for your brand.
- Stay on top of trends. Track trending hashtags, topics, music, challenges and more to create viral content with the right influencers.
- Make data-driven decisions. Leverage in-depth analytics to track progress, analyze influencer success and improve future campaigns.
- Analyze the competition. Keep an eye on what your competitors are doing and compare your own progress to create better influencer marketing strategies.
How to choose the best influencer marketing tool for your business
Picking the right influencer marketing tool for your business can be confusing, especially when you have so many options. Keep the following factors in mind when choosing one to invest in the right software:
- Ease of use. Marketers have too much on their plate to spend hours learning new software. An influencer marketing tool should make your job easier, not harder.
- Pricing. Choose an influencer marketing software that fits your budget while giving you the features you need. Most tools offer several pricing plans for this reason and you can always scale as you go.
- Features. Does the tool have all the features you need? How many filtering options does it offer to narrow down influencer search? Does it offer analytics and reporting?
Social listening is a great way to find potential influencers for your brand. Track conversations to identify influential people who love your brand or offer a better alternative to people unhappy with your competitors.
Here are our favorite influencer marketing tools for social listening:
1. Sprout Social
Sprout Social is an all-in-one social media management platform that offers powerful social listening features. Sprout’s listening tools help you track and analyze conversations, brand mentions and industry trends so you can identify influencers and brand advocates.
- View visual data and insights on any topic
- Analyze consumer sentiment and brand health
- Track audience reactions to marketing campaigns
- Identify influencers and thought leaders by following or posts
- Engage with brand advocates by responding to comments
- Listening spike alerts to let you know when there is a shift in activity
Brandwatch is a consumer research platform that helps marketers understand their audience, track conversations and monitor brand mentions. You can use it across multiple online channels to keep an eye on specific keywords, phrases and hashtags.
- Access real-time analytics and reporting
- Monitor your brand across 100 million+ sources
- Analyze consumer sentiment and brand perception
- Get AI-powered opportunity and threat alerts
- Increase reach with multiple language support
Influencer marketing tools for identification
Identifying the right influencers for your brand is key to ensuring successful campaigns. Some tools offer filters and engagement analytics for millions of influencers, which makes the identification process easier.
Use the tools below to find new influencers:
CreatorIQ is an intelligent influencer marketing platform with a bunch of creator identification features. Brands can use its AI-powered system to find recommended influencer profiles, use filters to narrow down their search, compare profiles and analyze performance metrics.
- Build a private community of influencers
- View AI-powered creator comparisons and recommendations
- Use advanced search filters with image recognition
- Find potential influencers with existing customer data
Heepsy is an influencer marketing tool that helps you find influencers on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube and Twitch. The software lets you filter influencers and check profile analytics for every social network individually. You can also use the fraud detection feature to avoid fake influencers.
- Use advanced, platform-specific search filters
- Avoid fake followers with authenticity filters
- Create and export lists with selected influencers
- View promotional activity and cost estimates
Getting influencers to respond to your emails can be tough. There are thousands of brands competing for their attention, and your pitches need to stand out. Influencer outreach tools can help you automate this process and personalize your messages to increase response rate.
Here are the best influencer marketing tools for outreach:
Pitchbox is a blogger outreach and link-building platform. Brands use it to find influencers, uncover contact details, and send automated pitches and follow-up emails. There’s also an analytics and reporting feature to help you make data-driven decisions.
- Find contact details for bloggers and influencers
- Rank identified contacts by OEP™ (Outreach Engagement Probability)
- Use smart templates with data and conditional logic
- Automatically follow up with email sequences
- Schedule email delivery for optimal days and times
NinjaOutreach is a popular influencer outreach tool that lets you find email addresses, social profiles, and more in any location or niche. You can also schedule emails and follow-ups, keep track of conversations and manage influencer relationships through the platform.
- Find influencer contact info and social profiles
- Schedule outreach emails with up to 2 follow-ups
- Use editable influencer outreach templates
- Edit profile cards to fix any missing or inaccurate data
- Add notes, instructions and details for each lead
- Use Smart Tags or create your own lists to find contacts
- Track influencer relationships and email performance
Influencer marketing tools for management
Managing influencer relationships and campaigns can be a hassle, especially if you’re working with multiple creators on various platforms. Influencer marketing management software can help you assign briefs, stay on top of communication, track progress, analyze results and more.
Below are our favorite influencer marketing tools for management:
Influencity is an all-in-one influencer management software that helps you find, analyze and organize influencers. Brands can also use it to manage campaigns, set up workflows and forecast and measure results.
- Find local influencers by setting target market percentages
- Compare influencer fees and price histories
- Organize influencers into lists and share with your team
- Use predictive analytics to identify the best influencers
- Project management to create and share influencer assignments
- Analyze campaign progress with detailed insights and reporting
Upfluence is a one-stop influencer management solution that provides influencer identification, analysis, campaign management, product seeding, affiliate management, and various other services. You can also manage influencer payments from within the platform.
- Find influential customers and brand advocates
- Integrate with Gmail and Outlook to contact influencers
- Send and collaborate on campaign briefs and drafts
- Keep track of campaign progress and price negotiations
- Manage influencer payments in 135+ currencies
- Measure real-time performance and calculate ROI
Influencer marketplaces are ideal for brands looking to buy influencers or packaged services. It’s faster and more cost-efficient if you have a project in mind and you’re okay with giving creators more control.
Use these influencer marketplaces to buy creator services:
Collabstr is an influencer marketplace specializing in Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube. You can purchase pre-packaged services from influencers in various niches and locations. It’s a quick and easy way to create viral content for your brand.
- Find vetted influencers with packaged services
- Pay influencers directly through the platform
- Use instant chat to interact with influencers
- Generate influencer campaign briefs and contracts
Trend.io is an influencer marketplace that works a bit differently. Instead of buying pre-packaged services, you can create projects and have influencers apply. It’s ideal for brands that already have a project in mind and are just looking for talent to work with.
- Create free projects with specific goals
- Review and approve influencer applications
- Send products to creators and track shipments
- Use built-in messaging to chat with influencers
- Download approved content with complete licensing rights
Influencer marketing agencies
Influencer marketing agencies offer managed influencer marketing services. These companies typically have existing influencer relationships and access to industry-leading tools. And while they’re more expensive, they handle most of the work so you can focus on running your business.
Here are some of the best influencer marketing agencies for your business:
HireInfluence is a full-service influencer marketing agency that helps with strategy, talent sourcing, content creation, execution and performance tracking. The agency also takes care of influencer payments, contracts and briefs.
HireInfluence specializes in a variety of industries, platforms and campaign types so you know your brand is in the right hands.
- Existing relationships with vetted influencers
- Support for on-site promotional events
- End-to-end content production services
- Product curation, packaging design and fulfillment
- Paid media management and facilitation
- Customized analytics and reporting based on client KPIs
NeoReach is an influencer marketing agency that also has its own software. You can either go for their managed services or purchase only the platform and API. The company offers full-service influencer marketing, from strategy to execution to reporting. NeoReach also offers a customizable enterprise platform for big brands that need more scalability.
- Self-service software and APIs for more control
- Established network of influencers
- Campaign strategy, execution, and reporting
- Contract and negotiation management
- Support for online and offline influencer activations
Use influencer marketing tools to make smart decisions and boost campaign results
Running an influencer marketing campaign takes a lot of work. Influencer marketing tools can help you focus your energy and resources where they matter. Find the right influencers faster, automate the outreach process, manage campaigns and payments, track progress and more.
If you’re looking for inspiration for your next influencer marketing campaign, check out our recent report on social media trends for 2022 and beyond.
What is the influencer marketing industry worth 2022? ›
In recent years, influencer marketing has really been on the rise. What was a $1.7 billion industry in 2016 has since grown to become a $9.7 billion industry in 2020. In just 2021, it grew to $13.8 billion and is projected to expand to $15 billion in 2022.Which is the most effective form of influencer marketing? ›
4 out of 5 Brands Use Instagram for Influencer Marketing. Instagram is the network of choice for influencer marketing campaigns, with 79% of brands considering it the most important platform for them. This is an increase from 68% in 2020.What platform is most used for influencer marketing today? ›
The top social media channels for influencer marketing are: Instagram, Youtube and Tiktok, with Instagram being the most popular one among these channels.What platform do most influencers use? ›
YouTube, Twitter and Instagram are the most popular platforms for influencers marketing.What is a good ROI for influencer marketing? ›
While there is no definitive answer, some experts suggest that an ROI of 1:1 (i.e., for every dollar you spend on Instagram marketing, you get one dollar back in sales) is a good benchmark to aim for. Of course, this will vary depending on your industry and the goal of your Instagram marketing campaign.What is the future of influencer marketing? ›
The influencer marketing industry in 2022 will see a huge rise in the demand for micro influencers. Micro influencers' share in the total industry increased drastically last year due to brands favouring them owing to their higher engagement rates & affordability.How you can build a powerful influencer marketing strategy in 2022? ›
Key takeaways: An effective influencer marketing strategy helps you create authentic content for your audience. Determining your budget, goals, and platform will help guide which influencers to contact. Select influencers that match your brand voice to ensure quality content and audience response.What strategies do influencers use? ›
- Identify the influencers who you want to work with. ...
- Find the right platform to focus on. ...
- Take the size of your brand into account. ...
- Maintain authenticity by working with micro-influencers. ...
- Convert loyal customers into brand ambassadors. ...
- Give influencers creative control.
Contests and giveaway campaigns are a tried and true strategy that helps influencers build engagement with their followers. Meanwhile, brands get the opportunity to raise brand awareness and get their products in interested hands.Which social media platform pays influencers the most? ›
1. Instagram. “Our goal is to be the best platform for creators like you to make a living. And if you have an idea that you want to share with the world, you should be able to create it and get it out there easily and simply — across Facebook and Instagram — and then earn money for your work.”
Who connects influencers to brands? ›
Intellifluence is one of the top influencer marketplaces that connects influencers with brands.
TikTok Is the Social Media Platform with the Most Opportunities, According to Business Owners. TikTok is the best social media platform for growing audience and revenue right now, according to an exclusive survey of 281 online business owners.What is dark post in influencer marketing? ›
Influencer dark posts are targeted ads on Facebook and Instagram that don't appear on an influencer's timeline, page, or stories. They will not show up in the news feeds of your influencers' followers (unless you specifically target that audience in an ad set - more on this later).How do you build an influencer marketing platform? ›
AI is considered to be a smart technology, and this is proved by the way it boosts influencer marketing in three key operations:
- Selection of right influencers.
- Suggestions on business workflow.
- Creation and filling content.
However, the average ROAS is around 2:1 which means you make $2 in revenue for every $1 spent in marketing.What do brands expect from influencers? ›
Influencers strongly prefer to be authentic and create content which reflects their values and resonates with the audience they have worked hard to nurture. Content from influencers adds credibility to their brand.What will the biggest social media trends be in 2022? ›
The biggest anticipated changes are the rise of TikTok and short-form video content. While Instagram and Twitter will continue to be important (especially to B2B businesses), 2022 might just be the year for smaller networks like Pinterest and Snapchat. Oh, and social commerce is a must for eCommerce businesses.What will replace influencers? ›
C2C marketing turns consumers into a marketing channel, allowing them to discover brands they love from people they trust (other consumers like them) instead of from the brands themselves or from influencers they don't relate to. Here's a deep dive into what C2C marketing is and how it's applied.Who is the top influencer? ›
- Cristiano Ronaldo - 443M Followers. Yes, the most followed Instagram profile is none other than Cristiano Ronaldo. ...
- Kylie Jenner - 339M Followers. ...
- Lionel Messi - 328M Followers. ...
- Selena Gomez - 320M Followers. ...
- The Rock - Dwayne Johnson - 315M Followers. ...
- Brands that work with mega influencers.
- Micro and nano influencers are the new celebs! ...
- Live shopping is a new phenomenon! ...
- The rise of video content. ...
- The emergence of new social media tools. ...
- Influencer collaboration on multiple platforms. ...
- Collaborate with influencers in your niche. ...
- Storytelling via influencer marketing!
How do you structure an influencer program? ›
- Document your goals and key performance indicators. Any good strategy begins with goals. ...
- Understand the influencer landscape. Before you really begin working with influencers, you'll want to take the time to actually understand the landscape. ...
- Connect with influencers.
- Craft the Perfect Subject Line.
- Introduce Yourself.
- Highlight What You Love About the Brand/Product.
- Create and Attach a Media Kit.
- Share a Verified Instagram Analytics Report.
- Make a Call to Action and Share Your Rates.
A great way to grow a brand is to get social media influencers to promote a unique, branded hashtag. You can also ask social media influencers to encourage their followers to share content using the same hashtag.How many followers do you need to be a influencer? ›
People with followers in the range between 40,000 and 1 million followers on a social network are macro-influencers. Most influencers are micro-influencers with between 1,000 and 40,000 followers. In really specialist niches, you have nano-influencers with fewer than 1,000 followers.Where do most influencers live? ›
- California – 207,290.
- New York – 104,829.
- Florida – 94,396.
- Texas – 51,304.
- Georgia – 36,289.
- Illinois – 18,571.
- Pennsylvania – 17,293.
- Nevada – 16,790.
- FINANCIAL REWARD. Real celebrities and wannabe social-media-celebrities seek financial rewards for access to their constructed (and sometimes largely fake) followings. ...
- EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. ...
- BRAND ASSOCIATION OR STATUS. ...
- MEMBERSHIP. ...
- VIP EXPERIENCES. ...
- DID YOU CHOOSE THE RIGHT INFLUENCER INCENTIVE?
People with followers in the range between 40,000 and 1 million followers on a social network are macro-influencers. Most influencers are micro-influencers with between 1,000 and 40,000 followers. In really specialist niches, you have nano-influencers with fewer than 1,000 followers.How big is the affiliate marketing industry? ›
Excluding social media, other important affiliate channels include Review Sites (18.7%), Coupon Sites (14.8%), Newsletters (7.2%), and Editorial Sites (6.5%). In 2021, affiliate marketing generated about 16% of global eCommerce sales globally.Why influencer marketing is the next big thing? ›
Helps in Reaching Last-Mile Audiences
Influencer Marketing is a great way to reach last-mile audiences. Since traditional marketing offers a generalised way of promoting your brand, influencer marketing is one such way to focus your marketing efforts on your target or niche audiences.
According to research, at a compound annual growth rate of 32.0% over the projected period, the market for influencer marketing platforms will increase from $6 billion in 2020 to $24.1 billion by 2025.
How do you grow as an influencer 2022? ›
- Know your niche. ...
- Know your audience. ...
- Keep up with the latest trends. ...
- Create great content. ...
- Publish content consistently. ...
- Mix up your content. ...
- Show your face. ...
- Build connections with other creators.
Key takeaways: An effective influencer marketing strategy helps you create authentic content for your audience. Determining your budget, goals, and platform will help guide which influencers to contact. Select influencers that match your brand voice to ensure quality content and audience response.Who is the biggest influencer? ›
- Charli d'Amelio (47.7 million followers) ...
- Zach King (24.6 million followers) ...
- Pewdiepie (21.8 million followers) ...
- David Dobrik (12.3 million followers) ...
- AuronPlay (17.5 million followers) ...
- Ajey Nagar (14.9 million followers) ...
- Cameron Dallas (23.8 million followers) ...
- Lele Pons (48.9 million followers)
- Amazon Associates.
- eBay Partner Network (EPN)
- LeadDyno / E-Commerce Affiliates.
Generally speaking, the more you spend on affiliate marketing, the more you stand to lose if fraudsters target you. Another factor that can affect how much money you lose to affiliate fraud is how your affiliate program is set up.Which is the best affiliate program? ›
- Amazon Associates. It is the best affiliate marketing platform for beginners as you need not worry about reaching a certain amount of sales volume for earning a higher commission. ...
- Awin. ...
- Flipkart Affiliate. ...
- Reseller Club. ...
- BigRock Affiliate. ...
- ClickBank. ...
- Optimise. ...
“Influencer marketing is a type of marketing that focuses on using key leaders to drive your brand's message to the larger market. Rather than marketing directly to a large group of consumers, you instead inspire / hire / pay influencers to get out the word for you.”What makes a social media influencer successful? ›
Find your niche (and become obsessed)
The primary thing to do is to discover the subject that you'll be covering across your social media channels. The more specific the question is, the better. This is because there will be much less competition in the sector. However, try not to select a subject that is too niche.
Influencer marketing works because it uses tactics like word-of-mouth marketing and social proof, which are now critical aspects of any successful marketing strategy. Customers trust their peers, friends, and people they admire more than the companies selling the products and services they buy and use.How do you attract influencers to your brand? ›
- Write Great Content. ...
- Highlight the Influencer. ...
- Visit the Same Sites They Do. ...
- Use Scientific Reasoning. ...
- Add Images. ...
- @ Mention Them. ...
- Share Their Stuff. ...
- Ask the Influencer for a Post.
What is an influencer strategy? ›
Influencer marketing is a strategy where businesses rely on an influential leader to recommend their product to their target audience. These leaders usually have a large social following or captivate a market segment.