The moment you decide to work at Accenture, the earlier you should orient yourself with all the details relating to the multinational firm. Here, let’s discuss the topic- Working at Accenture.
Accenture is one of the best workplaces in the world. It provides vast opportunities for employees, improves skills, encourages inclusiveness and diversity, and allows them to gain tons of vital experience. It doesn’t only focus on the growth of the company. Instead, it cares for its employees by supporting them through various means. With Accenture, you can never go wrong. Aside from the wages offered to workers, you also get to enjoy some of its perks and huge bonuses such as prioritizing health benefits, encouraging personal and professional growth among employees, vacations, and many more. In this article, you will learn about what it means to work at Accenture.
What is Accenture?
Accenture Plc. is an Irish multinational firm that specializes in offering consulting and other professional services in some defined areas. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, it is one of the prominent companies on the Fortune 500 list. Founded in 1989, it has strong ethical policies that enhance relationships among workers and ultimately creates a positive impact for the firm. By July 2021, it has about 569,000 employees and delivers services in five distinct areas which include:
- Accenture Strategy – delivers strategy services in the field of technology and operations.
- Accenture Consulting- provides consulting services in the field of technology, management, and business.
- Accenture Interactive – provides services in areas such as digital marketing, mobility services, and analytics.
- Accenture Technology – conducts, researches on emerging technologies, provides services relating to technological software, its implementations, and delivery.
- Accenture Operations – Focuses on delivery of services in fields such as IT services, security, cloud services, and many more.
As of 2020, the firm generated a revenue of $44.33 billion (USD) and established its firm in over 200 countries. Today, the CEO of the multinational firm is Julie Sweet, who resumed office on September 1, 2019.
Jeff Bezos Career Advice
Jeff Bezos Career Advice
Career Opportunities at Accenture
Accenture provides vast amounts of employment opportunities to individuals of different groups. Groups such as students, recent graduates, apprentices, experienced professionals, and prospects all have the chance to work at a multinational firm. Here, we shall examine some of these groups and the various positions that are open for them.
- Students and Recent Graduates
Students and recent graduates have a chance to work at the company. It doesn’t matter if you are an undergraduate, a postgraduate, or a recent graduate, you can improve your skill by working at Accenture.
As undergraduates, various opportunities fit your lifestyle. For instance, if you are a penultimate student seeking to engage in something while on vacation, you can apply for the summer vacation scheme. Meanwhile, if you want to engage in an internship program where you can improve skills and gain experience, there are schemes perfectly laid out for you. All you have to do is to look out for the schemes that suit your needs.
However, graduates seeking to work as an apprentice do have access to some of these opportunities. They can work in various fields such as consulting, strategy, analytics, software engineering, technology delivery, cybersecurity, operations, and more. With this, they have hands-on experience that will enrich your knowledge and improve your skills, build a social network, and contribute a positive impact to the development of the company.
- Experienced Professionals
Accenture offers employment opportunities to experienced professionals. These professionals bring their expertise to their respective fields to facilitate growth in the company. These fields are distinguished into six categories which include:
- Strategy Career- At strategy, you devise innovative strategies that elevate growth through technological tools for the company. Besides, you have to advise industry leaders on issues relating to the development of their companies. This field offers positions in financial, HR, Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, IT, and many more
- Consulting Career – Partners with top clients to devise, design, and implement solutions that can drive changes in varying industries.
- Digital Career – Workers collaborate and devise digital solutions to confronting problems through technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, cloud, internet of things, robotics, and mobility services.
- Technology Career – This category entails employing innovative ideas, intelligence, and industry experience to solve projects, meet client’s needs, and transform business. With the aid of technologies such as AI, robotics, integrated analytics, and more, this team thinks critically to devise ideas that can solve complex problems. It collaborates with firms such as Salesforce, Oracle, Microsoft, HP, AWS, SAP, and more.
- Operations – Employees at this level get tasks done through the use of advanced machine intelligence and other innovative technologies.
- Security Careers – Employees at this level tackle security challenges, devise defense strategies, and prevent cyber-attacks through existing technologies.
Average Salary at Accenture
According to PayScale, the average salary of an Accenture employee is $91,000 (USD) with an average bonus of $5k. Although the pay range differs among positions, the company still offers good pay when compared to other companies. Here, the highest-paid employee at Accenture is the one with the title, Managing Director, Consulting who earns an average annual salary of $256,500 (USD). Meanwhile, the position with the title, Application Support Analyst, earns the least with an average annual salary of $52,188. Regardless of this pay scale, Accenture still offers lots of perks and huge bonuses to its employees.
Accenture Work Benefits
Aside from the usual pay scale offered by Accenture, you can also enjoy other work benefits as an employee. Whether it is for health, family, vacation, financial security, or miscellaneous, Accenture provides varying work benefits for its employees. Here are some of the benefits delineated for you.
- Health Benefits
Accenture prioritizes your health among other things. It supports and provides health plans in different areas for its workers. Some of these areas are:
- Medical Coverage – It offers medical plans (PPO, EPO, HDHP, and more) that cover medical services to its employees.
- Rental and Vision Coverage – It offers national plans relating to dental and vision care. Plans such as Dental PPO, DMO are offered to the respective employees.
- Wellness Program – Accenture cares for the well-being of its employees by offering wellness programs to cater to the needs of the employees. This program utilizes an application that tracks the fitness, nutrition, and resilience of employees.
- Family Care
Accenture supports every family working at the firm through varieties of benefits such as fertility benefits, adoption or surrogacy support, work-life balance, care for dependents, and so on.
Just like other forms, Accenture supports its employees with some paid time off (PTO) days. By giving them breaks with paid incentives, workers become more motivated to contribute to the development of the company. Some of the vacations include paid sick leave, 9-paid holidays, traditional vacation time, and many more.
- Financial Security
Accenture offers several financial plans that allow its employees to enjoy their lives and also invest in the future. Some of its financial plans include the 401 (k) Match and Savings Plan, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Employee Share Purchase Plan, and many more.
- Other Benefits
Accenture provides extra benefits and programs to its employees. Some of the benefits include legal service plans, gym membership discounts, shopping discounts, pet insurance, identity theft insurance, and so on.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is Accenture the best place to kickstart your career?
Accenture provides exciting opportunities that allow you to learn, grow, and contribute to the development of the firm. Here, it is a starting place for you to improve your skills, share innovative ideas, and implement suggestions that transform business organizations. With the skill acquired from the company, you get to devise and create values that help your career journey. Besides, you build relationships and connect with people of different expertise and backgrounds that enable you to learn, grow, and create positive impacts in any organization.
- How can I apply for Positions at Accenture?
Accenture lists various openings on its website. Here, you can find a job that matches your qualifications and experiences. After this, you select “Apply Now” to begin the application process. During the application process, you are required to upload your CV. Once the process is successful, you have to give the recruitment team some time to review your application. If your application is reviewed and accepted, you will be contacted by the hiring team. If it isn’t successful, you can apply for other roles that match your skillset.
- How can I prepare for an interview at Accenture?
At Accenture, there are a series of interviews before you finally become an employee. It can take place on the phone, via video, or even in person. While some positions can require an online assessment, another can be to test your behavioral skills. Irrespective of the stages you go through, be optimistic about the process. Do your research about the company and the aspiring role. On the day of the interview, dress smartly, get some questions ready, and think critically about the answers you give to the hiring managers.
Working at Accenture- Job Opportunities