WPP is the creative transformation company. We use the power of creativity to build better futures for our people, planet, clients, and communities.
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of more than 109,000 accomplished people in 110 countries. WPP has headquarters in New York, London and Singapore and a corporate presence in major markets worldwide.
We create transformative ideas and outcomes for our clients through an integrated offer of communications, experience, commerce, and technology.
WPP and our award-winning agencies work with most of the world's biggest companies and organisations – from Ford, Unilever and P&G to Google, HSBC, and the UN. Our clients include 61 of the FTSE 100, 317 of the Fortune Global 500, all 30 of the Dow Jones 30 and 62 of the NASDAQ 100. WPP are the leader in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index and 8th in the FTSE 100 rankings for Women on Boards.
Why we're hiring:
At WPP, technology is at the heart of everything we do, and it is WPP IT’s mission to enable everyone to collaborate, create and thrive. WPP IT is undergoing a significant transformation to build the transformation platform that will power the next evolution of WPP. WPP is on a journey to clarify and simplify the operating model between our brands and WPP, modernise and create tech-enabled colleague experiences, and create an open, integrated technology innovation platform across WPP.
Along that journey we will ensure WPP IT is a destination for tech talent, modernise our ways of working, shift to cloud and micro-service-based architectures, drive automation, digitise colleague and client experiences and deliver insight from WPP’s petabytes of data.
As we continue on this journey, we have identified the need for a pivotal new role – EMEA IT Programme Manager. We are reimaging and scaling our Portfolio and Programme capabilities and this role will be responsible for both delivering our portfolio and creating a community of diverse and highly skilled specialist across the EMEA region. This role will be part of the Strategic Portfolio Delivery community, reporting into the EMEA Chapter Lead, Programme Management in the Global Portfolio and Programme Management Team.
This role will help ensure the Transformation function is executing WPP IT’s vision, while professionalising how we mobilise and deliver programmes as a service, ensure value focused approach, and benefits & cost control through tools that are fit for purpose. It will also play a crucial role in helping to establish a PPM community built on continuous learning, a support network, and a compelling career progression framework. It will be responsible for embedding a high-performing culture that has WPP’s values at the heart of how it operates. It will have a strong focus on supporting and leading a diverse team from across various business functions, while guiding, coaching and supporting them to succeed.
What you'll be doing:
- Part of a team of Programme Management professionals across EMEA ; sustains the wider PPM community, encompassing Programme and Project Management professionals in WPP IT, as well as those that may remain embedded within OpCos, the TMO organisation, or partially retain some PPM activities as part of other substantive roles
- Leads a matrix team of PPM professionals, as well as business representatives, focusing on guiding, coaching and supporting them to deliver value for the business
- Responsible for the mobilisation and delivery and active management of programme(s) across WPP IT portfolio encompassing the E2E lifecycle – ie planning, resourcing, deliverables tracking, benefits and cost tracking and realisation, risks, issues, dependencies, assumptions, reporting, change, governance
- Collaborates with a diverse multi-disciplinary global team to understand business needs and outcomes and works closely with key stakeholders across the company to deliver
- Leads continuous improvement of processes and procedures across the team and inputs into the overall framework with a focus on continually evolving best practices, tools and standards for mobilisation and delivery; ensuring that these are adopted universally across the delivery portfolio and continually improved
- Convenes third parties, including strategic partners and highly skilled PPM contractors, to bring external best practice and improve alignment in ways of working across the wider PPM community
- Inputs, develops and professionally supports the wider team of Programme Management practitioners, building and embedding a culture of continuous improvement and the learning journeys needed to build capability and technical expertise in the team
- Responsible for all people leadership activities for the Programmes they lead, ie hiring, developing, input into performance evaluation
- Actively sponsor and champion the shift to agile methodologies, in line with broader IT Transformation ambition and agenda, supporting teams as we continually look to improve flow
- Within this role you will form part of the PPM practitioners pool and will be allocated to future programmes to support your development and business needs
What you'll need:
- Extensive project & programme management experience, with demonstrated capability of delivering complex programmes in a fragmented global business
- Proven track record of successful mobilisation and delivery of ambitious, strategic, and operationally complex programmes with internal and external cross-functional teams
- Experience and proven success in delivering Workplace related programmes; physical or digital workplace , campus uplifts, o365 or SharePoint
- Ability to work effectively and comfortably with ambiguity in an unregulated environment using a methodical approach to reach the required outcomes
- Ability to effectively stakeholder manage in a complex multi CIO global business
- Proven track record as a people leader and influencer with motivational and engagement skills including the ability to lead globally dispersed teams throughout all levels of the organisation.
- Quick to learn and adaptable to changing priorities, with the ability to reshape, reconfigure and realign solutions to meet challenging deadlines without jeopardising the successful delivery of the programme
- Ability to build and maintain relationships by engaging and working inclusively to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus, and achieve objectives
- A self-started with impeccable organisational and time management skills, focusing on value and outcomes; enthusiastic with a can-do attitude
- Strategic and critical thinker – blending technical, operational and commercial strategic considerations into decision making, while continuously challenging the status-quo
- Story telling with data – strong skills in building the case for change, identifying the business outcomes, value proposition for the respective area
- Brilliant communicator – strong communication and stakeholder management skills; able to turn complex technical messages into effective, succinct communications; ability to manage and influence stakeholders with competing priorities
- Functional analysis skills to enable the capture and breakdown of well-formed requirements and priorities
- Experience in project management tools & dashboards
- Experience in delivery methodologies (e.g. SAFe, Scrum, waterfall)
- Experience working in an Agile team as a Scrum Product Owner or Scrum Master is beneficial
- Recognised Agile or Project management certifications are beneficial
Who you are:
You're open : We are inclusive and collaborative; we encourage the free exchange of ideas; we respect and celebrate diverse views. We are accepting: of new ideas, new partnerships, new ways of working.
You're optimistic : We believe in the power of creativity, technology and talent to create brighter futures or our people, our clients and our communities. We approach all that we do with conviction: to try the new and to seek the unexpected.
You're extraordinary: we are stronger together: through collaboration we achieve the amazing. We are creative leaders and pioneers of our industry; we provide extraordinary every day.
What we'll give you:
Passionate, inspired people – We promote a culture of people that do extraordinary work.
Scale and opportunity – We offer the opportunity to create, influence and complete projects at a scale that is unparalleled in the industry.
Challenging and stimulating work – Unique work and the opportunity to join a group of creative problem solvers. Are you up for the challenge?
WPP is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
Please read our Privacy Notice for more information on how we process the information you provide.
Through WPP, HRA reimburses providers for wages or stipends paid to low-income young adults (aged 16-24) who have been placed in short-term work experiences that typically last 12 weeks.How many employees does WPP have? ›
WPP total number of employees in 2022 was 114,129, a 4.34% increase from 2021.What does WPP company stand for? ›
The company was founded as Wire and Plastic Products plc to manufacture wire shopping baskets in 1971. In 1985 Martin Sorrell and Preston Rabl, searching for a listed company through which to build a worldwide marketing services company, bought a controlling stake.What is the full form of WPP advertising? ›
In 1985 Sir Martin Sorrell took a controlling stake in a small UK manufacturer of wire baskets and teapots called Wire and Plastic Products, as the foundation on which to build an international advertising and marketing services group. The company was renamed simply “WPP”, with Sir Martin as its Chief Executive.Is the WPP app real or fake? ›
It has come to our attention that there are people/entities masquerading as agents of WPP and the Company scamming the public to invest in WPP mobile money earning app. Take notice that the Company has no affiliation with them and that the information or statement to invest in the app is false and misleading.Why do you want to work for WPP? ›
Working at WPP means being part of a global network of 100,000 talented people in 110 countries. We deliver transformative ideas and outcomes for the world's leading brands, creating work that not only reflects but celebrates the different communities around us.What does WPP offer? ›
We build and optimise technology and data solutions fit for our clients' needs. Our services include enterprise systems work – architecture design, systems implementation, managed services and data analytics – and specific platforms such as CRM, content and experience management, and data management.What companies use WPP? ›
Headquarters: London, UK. WPP Clients: NASA, Microsoft, Intel, Tencent, Uber, Daily News, U.S. Marine Corps, Bank of America, Ford Motor Company, HSBC, Colgate, Heineken, Ford, FIFA, Nestle, See the full list in Winmo.Is WPP a full-service agency? ›
The Brand Agency is a full-service agency with specialists in all areas of communications.Is WPP the largest advertising agency? ›
WPP Plc is the largest employer in the advertising industry with over 100,000 employees. A recent report shows that The Procter & Gamble Company (NYSE: PG) was named the world's largest advertiser in 2021, having invested $8.1 billion in promotional activities that year.
Dave Rolfe is responsible for executing a strategy that elevates the role of production, delivering creative excellence across Hogarth and WPP.Who is the head of corporate development at WPP? ›
Tony Antoniou - Corporate Development - WPP | LinkedIn.What influencer did WPP buy? ›
WPP acquires social influencer marketing agency Obviously, expanding tech-powered creator content capabilities. WPP today announced the acquisition of Obviously, a technology-led social influencer marketing agency based in New York, with operations in San Francisco and Paris.Where is WPP registered? ›
Headquartered in NY, the firm is a global strategic advisory and communications consultancy, with over 1200 multidisciplinary experts across the world's major financial, government, business and cultural centers.Where are WPP shares registered? ›
Our ordinary shares are listed on the LSE under the ticker 'WPP' and are also quoted on the NYSE in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs) under the ticker 'WPP'.What is WPP benefits? ›
Health Insurance & Wellness Benefits
Dental Benefits. Disability Insurance. Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Health Insurance Benefits. Life Insurance.
WPP Agencies: Essence, MediaCom, MediaCom Canada, Mindshare, Wavemaker, Grey Group, Ogilvy, VMLY&R, WPP Group Inc., Wunderman Thompson, Wunderman Health, AKQA, BCW, GTB, Hill+Knowlton Strategies, Hogarth, Kantar, The&Partnership.What does WPP mean in government? ›
Winter Protection Plan (energy; various locations) WPP. Witness Protection Program.